On Thursday, July 15, 2021, with the support of the U.S. Agency for International Development, members of the European Democracy Youth Network (EDYN) will join the National Democratic Institute (NDI), the International Republican Institute (IRI), and senior officials from USAID and the Slovak government for a ribbon cutting ceremony celebrating the opening of EDYN’s headquarters in Bratislava.
EDYN supports young pro-democracy leaders, politicians, and journalists, ages 18 to 32, in 23 countries across Europe and Eurasia. It brings together people from different political and ideological backgrounds who are committed to advancing democratic dialogue and sustaining democratic values through their political and civic activities while building their professional skills and experience.
The event will feature remarks from Former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright (live video), Slovak Minister of Foreign and European Affairs Ivan Korčok and USAID Acting Assistant Administrator Margot Ellis, followed by a conversation between EDYN Board member Brock Bierman, Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright and EDYN beneficiaries. The ceremony will conclude with a video address by Senator Dan Sullivan.
If you are unable to attend, please find a link to a livestream of the event here:
- FB EVENT: https://fb.me/e/3xgJ4QAEw
- VIMEO LINK: https://vimeo.com/572952615 (media quality, embeddable)
What: a ribbon cutting ceremony celebrating the opening of the headquarters of the European Democracy Youth Network (EDYN) in Bratislava, Slovakia
- Former US Secretary of State Madeleine Albright (live video), Chair of the National Democratic Institute
- Senator Dan Sullivan (video), Chairman of the International Republican Institute
- EDYN Leadership
- Ivan Korčok, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic
- Margot Ellis, USAID Acting Assistant Administrator for Europe and Eurasia
Where: Bratislava Castle (Garden Pavilion), Bratislava, Slovakia
When: Thursday, July 15, 2021, 3 pm CET