Hilton, one of the world’s largest hospitality companies, rounds off its centennial festivities on a high with numerous accolades recognizing the outstanding quality and service across its hotels in South East Asia.
Bagging awards from several global awarding bodies, such as the World Travel Awards, World Luxury Hotel Awards and Forbes Travel Guide, the global hospitality company’s growing honours list is a testament to its commitment to delivering exceptional experiences to guests in both emerging and established destinations across the region.
“Over the course of the last 100 years, Hilton has aspired to be the most hospitable company in the world by delivering exceptional experiences to our valued guests anytime and anywhere,” said Paul Hutton, vice president, operations, South East Asia, Hilton.
“We are thrilled to receive these awards in recognition of the hard work and dedication of our Team Members who continually strive to make this vision of ours a reality. They also serve as a reminder that we must always keep our guests at the heart of our business, especially as we prepare to more than double our presence in South East Asia from 40 to more than 90 hotels in the next three to five years. I look forward to seeing how our pioneering spirit will continue to push the boundaries of service excellence and set new benchmarks in the travel and hospitality industry, both in the region and around the world,” added Paul.
Hilton properties in South East Asia received top honours at the global, regional and local levels. These accolades and the list of award-winning properties include the following.
World Travel Awards
Into its 26th edition, the annual World Travel Awards is recognized globally as the most prestigious honours programme in travel and tourism — acknowledging, rewarding and celebrating excellence across all key sectors of the industry. The Hilton properties that walked away with top honours include:
- Asia’s Leading City Resort 2019: DoubleTree by Hilton Jakarta-Diponegoro
- Bali’s Leading Hotel Suite 2019: Conrad Penthouse Suite @ Conrad Bali
- Bali’s Leading MICE Hotel 2019: Conrad Bali
- Indonesia’s Leading City Hotel 2019: DoubleTree by Hilton Jakarta-Diponegoro
- Indonesia’s Leading Conference Hotel 2019: DoubleTree by Hilton Jakarta-Diponegoro
- Malaysia’s Leading Business Hotel 2019: Hilton Kuala Lumpur
- Malaysia’s Leading Conference Hotel 2019: Hilton Kuala Lumpur
- Malaysia’s Leading Hotel Suite 2019: Presidential Suite @ Hilton Kuala Lumpur
- Philippines’ Leading Conference Hotel 2019: Conrad Manila
- Sri Lanka’s Leading Business Hotel 2019: Hilton Colombo
- Thailand’s Leading Lifestyle Hotel 2019: Hilton Pattaya
World Luxury Hotel Awards
Since its inception in 2006, the World Luxury Hotel Awards has become the pinnacle of achievement in the luxury hotel industry, offering international recognition as voted by guests, travelers and industry players. Its 2019 edition saw the following Hilton hotels being honoured for their outstanding achievements:
- Luxury Wedding Destination: Conrad Bali
- Luxury Hotel & Conference Centre: Conrad Bangkok
- Luxury Honeymoon Hotel: Conrad Koh Samui
- Luxury Contemporary Hotel: Conrad Manila
- Luxury Family Beach Resort: Hilton Bali Resort
- Luxury Banquet/Event Hotel: Hilton Kuala Lumpur
- Luxury Ocean View Resort: Hilton Ngapali Resort & Spa
Forbes Travel Guide
The Forbes Travel Guide (FTG) is the only independent, global rating system for luxury hotels, restaurants and spas. Constituting a team of incognito inspectors, FTG selects the world’s best experiences from more than 70 countries and evaluates them based on up to 900 objective standards. The Hilton hotels that received recognition from FTG in 2019 include:
- 2019 Recommended, Verified Luxury: Conrad Bali
- 2019 Recommended, Verified Luxury: Conrad Centennial Singapore
- 2019 Recommended, Verified Luxury: Conrad Manila
Hilton’s recent wins add to their glowing accolades in South East Asia, which also include seven nods across five hotels at the 2019 World Luxury Spa Awards in July. The next edition of each awards programme is expected to take place in Q2 of 2020.