Hilton announced that in 2018 it achieved a fourth consecutive year of record-breaking growth including deals signed, construction starts and new openings, and launched bold corporate responsibility goals while remaining a World’s Best Workplace.
“Hilton was founded on the noble premise that travel can make the world a better place, and 100 years into our journey, this premise still guides us today,” said Christopher J. Nassetta, president & chief executive officer, Hilton. “We have big plans to continue to grow, innovate and positively impact the world around us, and we expect that 2019 will be our best and most dynamic year yet.”
The company recently unveiled The Hilton Effect, a white paper that showcases the world-changing influence Hilton has had during the past century with guests, Team Members, communities and economies.
“During our first 100 years, we have served more than three billion guests and provided $1 trillion of economic impact through a phenomenon we call The Hilton Effect,” said Kevin Jacobs, chief financial officer, Hilton. “2018 is a great example of how we used our scale and our commitment to hospitality to positively impact communities and economies across the globe. In addition to opening more than a hotel a day and achieving almost seven percent net unit growth, our Team Members volunteered more than 235,000 hours across 93 countries during our Global Week of Service.”
Record Growth: Effect on Economies
- Grew development pipeline to 364,000 rooms across 15 brands, supported by almost 110,000 new rooms approved in 60 countries and territories, with construction starts on 83,000 rooms totaling 184,000 rooms under construction
- Achieved almost seven percent net unit growth, opened more than a hotel per day, adding more than 450 properties to surpass 5,600 properties globally with nearly 913,000 rooms in 113 countries and territories
- Unveiled Motto by Hilton, an affordable lifestyle brand that will give guests the freedom to create their own experiences in the world’s top urban destinations including London, Boston, Dublin and Washington, D.C.
- Expanded luxury portfolio with the launch of LXR Hotels & Resorts and the marquee openings of Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas, Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead and Waldorf Astoria Bangkok
- Created more than 28,000 new hospitality jobs globally
- Extended Hilton’s signature hospitality to 166 million guests around the world
- Opened 1,000th All Suites Brands by Hilton property with the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Pleasant Hill, California; Curio Collection by Hilton surpassed 65 hotels opened; and Tru by Hilton continued its rapid growth reaching 50 open hotels and celebrated at the Tru by Hilton Salt Lake City Airport
- Opened first tri-branded Hilton property in Chicago at McCormick Place featuring Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn and Home2 Suites
Travel with Purpose: Effect on Communities
- Launched 2030 Goals, which include doubling investment in social impact and cutting the company’s environmental footprint in half
- Became the first major hospitality company to set science-based carbon reduction targets approved by the Science Based Targets initiative
- Pledged to be the first in the industry to commit to sending zero soap to landfill
- Named as the Industry Leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, North America
- Recognized as the Most JUST Company in the hospitality industry on America’s Top 100 Most JUST companies by Forbes
- Debuted as the only hospitality company on FORTUNE’s Change the World List
- Awarded 2018 Best Corporate Steward by US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
- Announced initial investment of $1 million to drive sustainable travel and tourism in Africa
- Volunteered more than 235,000 hours across 93 countries during Global Week of Service
Customer Innovations: Effect on Guests
- Gained more than 14 million new Hilton Honors members, bringing total membership to more than 85 million at year end
- Donated more than 234 million Points by Hilton Honors members to support 325 non-profit organizations
- Scaled the industry-first Digital Key technology to more than 4,100 properties, with 7.6 million downloads in 2018
- Opened more than 40 million doors with Digital Key since launch in 2015
- Rolled out more than 1,800 Connected Rooms, with plans to bring the technology to tens of thousands of rooms across the U.S. as well as the first non-U.S. locations
- Teamed up with SHOWTIME and Netflix to create a more personalized travel experience allowing guests to stream their favorite Netflix series or movie on Connected Room televisions
World’s Best Workplace: Effect on Team Members
- Ranked #2 World’s Best Workplace, appearing on Great Place to Work’s® annual list of 25 World’s Best Workplaces for the third year in a row
- Recognized by Great Place to Work® in 13 countries including: Australia #4, Brazil #17, China, Colombia #4, India #18, Italy #2, Mexico #4, Netherlands #11, Peru #2, Turkey #2, UAE #7, U.K. #6, and U.S.A. #33
- Recognized as #1 Workplace for Diversity by FORTUNE and a Top 10 Company for Diversity by DiversityInc, climbing 20 places from 2017
- Named #1 Best Workplace for Parents in the U.S. by Great Place to Work®
- Awarded 10 Team Members the opportunity of a lifetime to take a paid four-week Thrive Sabbatical to give a dream or live a dream as part of a commitment to encourage Team Members to Thrive@Hilton
Hilton Signs Six New Luxury Hotels in Asia Pacific
Leading global hospitality company Hilton (NYSE: HLT) has announced six landmark signings in Asia Pacific (APAC) across its portfolio of luxury brands – Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts and LXR Hotels & Resorts – in the year to date, a mark of growing optimism in luxury travel across the region.
With the signing of Waldorf Astoria Xi’an, Waldorf Astoria Shanghai Qiantan, Waldorf Astoria Kuala Lumpur, Waldorf Astoria Sydney, Conrad Nagoya and an LXR Hotels & Resorts property in Bali, Hilton’s pipeline of luxury hotels in the region increases to 20. When these hotels open in the coming years, travellers will enjoy an exquisite portfolio of more than 50 luxury hotels across Asia Pacific.
With a growing middle class, increased consumer spending and an underserved lodging market, Asia Pacific presents a US$10 trillion consumption growth opportunity over the next decade.
Alan Watts, president, Asia Pacific, Hilton said, “Hilton is Asia Pacific’s fastest growing hospitality company, and that signals the confidence that owners and developers have in our ability to capture growing demand and deliver strong returns in APAC’s most sought-after destinations. We share the optimism that owners and developers have about the future of luxury travel and appreciate the importance they place on partners and brands that will optimize their yield. As we continue to pursue quality organic growth and enhance our network effect, we too stay focused on prioritizing the right partnerships to deploy the right brands in the right locations.”
Post-pandemic recovery has prompted increasing owner and developer interest in hospitality real estate, as the APAC hotel investment volume in 2021 grew 46% year-on-year to exceed US$12 billion, and investors focused on acquiring luxury or resort assets. The luxury travel segment is also expected to burgeon as 42% of APAC consumers who intend to take an international trip seek out luxury experiences.
“These signings mark an incredible moment for our luxury brand portfolio as we expand Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, and LXR throughout five countries in the region, offering even more opportunities for travelers to immerse in our authentic approach,” said Dino Michael, senior vice president & global category head, Luxury Brands, Hilton. “From Waldorf Astoria’s intuitive service, to Conrad’s bold design and LXR’s culturally immersive experiences, the hotels continue to showcase innovation and deliver on what guests are looking for in their stay. This expansion reinforces the appeal of the brands globally, and is a true testament to the team members who bring luxury to life.”
Hilton’s latest signings mark a further closing of key city gaps as its award-winning luxury brands debut or expand in key travel destinations such as Japan, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia and China.
China in particular holds great potential in shaping the future of luxury travel as it is home to the world’s largest consumer economy and is set to become the largest luxury goods market by 2025. Travel demand is also shifting as the country’s new generation of young and discerning travelers seeks higher levels of personalization, wellbeing, sustainability and quality in their luxury travel experience.
The signings of Waldorf Astoria in Xi’an and Shanghai Qiantan put the brand on track to double its portfolio in China and offer its unrivalled luxury in eight world-class hotels. When open, Waldorf Astoria Xi’an will be one of the tallest buildings in this ancient capital of the 13 Dynasties. Designed by the famed design firm, Yabu Pushelberg, the hotel will draw inspiration from the city’s rich millennia-old culture and integrate oriental elegance into modern design. Waldorf Astoria Shanghai Qiantan will mark the city’s second Waldorf Astoria hotel. Located in Shanghai’s brand-new CBD – the New Bund area – the hotel will boast panoramic views of the Huangpu River and immerse guests in the tranquility and glamour of China’s commercial capital.
Today, there are more than a dozen Conrad hotels operating in China. When the other nine hotels in the country’s pipeline open – including Conrad Shenzhen and Conrad Chongqing next year – guests will be able to enjoy the discreet yet sophisticated luxury that the brand is known for in more than 20 destinations.
Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown Celebrates New York Fashion Week with Acts of Love
Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown, the award-winning luxury lifestyle hotel located in the heart of TriBeCA, is launching Acts of Love – three dedicated moments for guests and locals to engage during Fashion Week. From Friday, September 9 through Thursday, September 14, 2022, the Hotel lobby will be transformed into a vibrant and whimsical escape.
Three Acts of Love will take over the lobby of Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown:
- Love is the Scent of Fresh Blooms: Famed artistic director and celebrity floral designer Jeff Leathamwill curate five dazzling floral arrangements that will flow throughout the lobby. Leatham’s bold and colourful vision will unfold through cascading designs that will transform the lobby into THE Instagram spot to visit during Fashion Week. Guests can also pick the perfect flower to take home from the Four Seasons flower cart.
- Love is a Letter from the Heart: Guests can immerse themselves in the lost art of letter writing at the bespoke Letters of Love postcard experience in collaboration with fashion designer Christian Siriano, who created custom-designed postcards exclusively for Four Seasons.
- Love is Sweet: After dropping the postcard in the heritage mailbox, guests can enjoy a sweet treat from the specialty gelato cart.
The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown is ready to pamper and treat Fashion Week guests who need a respite from the busy week with Acts of Love that focus on self-care and wellness.
Guests can book an appointment to experience NextHealth’s IV Therapy during a special pop up at The Spa. Four IV treatments will be available including:
- Glamour IV to enhance the skin’s overall glow from the inside out with revitalizing and collagen-boosting ingredients such as vitamin C, L-Lysine, and biotin that will leave skin looking supple and hair feeling hydrated.
- Super Immune IV to supercharge the immune system with a potent combination of vitamin C, magnesium, vitamin B5, antivirals, and other essential vitamins and minerals for boosted bodily defences.
- Energy Plus to fuel and enhance mental and physical vitality with energy-boosting ingredients such as L-Carnitine, vitamin B12, and potent amino acids.
- Detox to encourage the elimination of toxins and harmful substances with powerful ingredients such as lysine, taurine, and antioxidants for a fully refreshed feeling.
The Spa is launching new skincare products and services with Augustinus Bader, the science-backed and award-winning luxury skincare brand best known for The Method Facial. The Method uses Augustinus Bader’s groundbreaking technology to create a one-of-a-kind, highly sophisticated facial experience. The facial promotes a sequence of personalized regenerative processes for skin hydration, firmness, evenness, and protection against environmental aggressors.
Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown is the official hotel partner for Vogue’s inaugural Vogue World Fashion Experience. Fashion Week guests will receive a special welcome amenity created by Executive Chef Maria Tampakis and three expert Four Seasons executive pastry chefs including: Rhonda Ashton, Four Seasons Jackson Hole; Eddy Dhenin, Four Seasons Minneapolis; and Rob Differ, Four Seasons One Dalton Street, Boston.
The Acts of Love experience will be open to guests and locals during the following times:
- Friday, September 9: 4:00– 8:00 pm
- Saturday, September 10: 1:00– 4:00 pm
- Sunday, September 11: 4:00– 8:00 pm
- Monday, September 12: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Tuesday, September 13: 4:00– 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 14: 4:00– 8:00 pm
Hilton Dubai Palm Jumeirah Opens on Palm West Beach
Hilton celebrates the opening of Hilton Dubai Palm Jumeirah. Located on the popular Palm West Beach, the hotel is the perfect escape for couples, families, friends and solo travelers looking to enjoy sunset views, a temperature-controlled pool, event spaces, a tranquil spa and more. Featuring 608 guest rooms and suites along with ten enticing culinary concepts, it is poised to become one of the top leisure and events destinations in Dubai.
“Hilton Dubai Palm Jumeirah opens as an iconic addition to the world-famous palm shaped island and promises guests an exceptional beachfront resort experience as well as outstanding dining options,” said Jochem-Jan Sleiffer, president, Middle East, Africa and Türkiye, Hilton. “We are delighted to bring our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand to this prominent location on the Palm Jumeirah, adding to the choices Hilton offers for an incredible stay in Dubai, the world’s leading visitor destination.”
The hotel is home to several new dining concepts unique to the property including Zing Beach Bar which offers refreshing craft drinks and a wide selection of light bites at the water’s edge, and the cool, calm and connected SocialBee which features a delightful menu designed around locally-sourced honey. Mowsem, the hotel’s all-day dining destination, serves an exciting array of global cuisine, whilst Australian Jones the Grocer, located on the beach and already a favourite among residents, is the perfect breakfast spot for fresh and delicious artisan food.
Launching later this year, Factory by McGettigan’s will become the ultimate neighbourhood hangout with its Irish charm, delicious artful drinks, sharing plates, and an ever-changing line up of live entertainment.
CLAW BBQ will dial up the Southern hospitality with mouthwatering must-have grills, seafood, shakes and retro arcade games in a fun and vibrant setting.
Also opening later this year, Barfly by Buddha Bar will be located on the 13th floor of the property, offering sunset views of the sea, Bluewaters Island, the glittering Dubai Marina skyline and the Palm Jumeirah. This restaurant, bar and lounge will boast an exquisite dining and drinking experience, set to a soundtrack of uplifting music mixed by talented DJs.
The renowned Trader Vic’s and Tahitian Village will launch just as the good weather returns and will serve up simmering plates of island-style cuisine alongside delicious and popular Mai Tais.
Aside from the culinary experiences, the property offers one of the longest pools in Dubai, a state-of-the-art fitness centre and the award-winning eforea Spa that provides comprehensive relaxation experiences, eight well-appointed treatment rooms, a dedicated spa suite and a Moroccan Hammam for individuals and groups. For young guests, the Pirates Kids Club has an indoor and outdoor area, and a dedicated kid’s pool. The hotel will also feature a pristine private beach with breathtaking city views, daybeds and a range of watersports activities.
Additionally, the property has several meeting and event spaces designed for all occasions, including the outdoor Ocean Terrace that can cater for up to 800 people – perfect for weddings and large events.
Leonard Gooz, global brand head, Hilton Hotels & Resorts said, “Across the world, Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties are located in sought-after destinations for guests who know that where they stay matters – and Hilton Dubai Palm Jumeirah is no exception. With its prime location on the spectacular Palm Jumeirah, the hotel provides guests with the ultimate vacation where they can enjoy beachside living, Hilton’s world-renowned hospitality and a memorable stay.”
Hilton Hotels & Resorts marks its continued global growth by reaching its 600th property with the recent openings of Hilton Dubai Palm Jumeirah and Hilton Hiroshima. As Hilton’s flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts continue to offer exceptional stay experiences to guests for over a century at hotels located in the most sought-after destinations around the world. In addition to the latest milestone openings, the brand recently grew its all-inclusive footprint with the opening of Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort and Hilton Cancun, an All-Inclusive Resort. Hilton Hotels & Resorts also debuted the largest hotel in Asia Pacific with the opening of Hilton Singapore Orchard and made its highly anticipated entry in the Maldives with Hilton Maldives Amingiri Resort & Spa
Hilton Dubai Palm Jumeirah joins 33 other Hilton properties operating in the UAE. The hotel is part of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton’s 18 distinct hotel brands. Members who book directly have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount, free standard Wi-Fi and the Hilton Honors mobile app. Book direct at Hilton.com, through the Hilton Honors app or through other official Hilton channels for more perks and a price match guarantee. Hilton Honors members can redeem Points using the Points Explorer tool.
UNSC urged to act in face of ‘humanitarian catastrophe’ in Haiti
The Security Council must act urgently to support Haiti as the gang, economic, and fuel supply crises there “intersect in...
A good night’s sleep is a tonic to remember
BY ANTHONY KING Everyone suffers restless nights from time to time. Chewing over failures or worries at the end of...
How America Is Crushing Europe
America creates, imposes, and enforces the sanctions against Russia, which are forcing up energy-prices in Europe, and are thereby driving...
The so-called Indonesia-South Korea Special Strategic Partnership
In several attempts, people can find out there are repetition phrases that informally appeared from 5 years ago until now...
GHG emissions from pyrolysis are nine times higher than in mechanical recycling
New study published today by Zero Waste Europe (ZWE) finds that greenhouse gas emissions from pyrolysis of plastic packaging are...
U.S. Incentives for Maintaining a Presence in South East Asia, and the Nature of that Presence
Authors: Aqeel Ahmad Gichki & Adeel Ahmed* The US is the most prominent extra-regional actor in the Southeast Asian area....
What lies ahead for Meloni’s Italy
Not many would have predicted that 100 years after Benito Mussolini’s Black Shirts marched on Rome, a leader claiming lineage...
Russia4 days ago
Russia responds to America’s plan to win WW III
Science & Technology3 days ago
The Development of Artificial Intelligence in China: Advantages and terms of development
Russia4 days ago
The Alliance of Downtrodden Empires
East Asia4 days ago
Russia and the end of North Korea’s Tong-mi bong-nam strategy
Middle East3 days ago
Middle Eastern Geopolitics in The Midst of The Russo-Ukrainian War
Eastern Europe3 days ago
Untying the Ukrainian Knot: The Continental Union Project
Terrorism3 days ago
A Virus Yet to Be Eradicated
World News3 days ago
UN experts strongly condemn death of Mahsa Amini