Web applications are so popular that an ordinary user does not always notice the difference between a website and a web application. These programs interact with a mobile browser and therefore are gradually replacing desktop solutions from the niche of education, media, and entertainment. Companies order web applications for businesses, e-commerce, and startups. In this article, we will discuss why you should order a web application from web development companies in Washington DC.
A web application is a program with a two-tier client-server architecture. The client interacts with the user interface (UI/UX) through web browser pages. All data is stored on the server, the exchange takes place over the network using HTTP/HTTPS protocols.
The web application works as a cross-platform program regardless of the operating system in the mobile version (Android or iOS) and desktop (Mac OS, Windows, Linux). Running the program does not load the device, and only a browser on the Internet is needed to work.
The appearance of a web application depends on the distribution of logic between the client and the server. The program is created for specific business tasks. For example, Infoshell is ordered to develop the following types of web services:
- Portal Web App (portals of increased complexity).
Multifunctional project for effective optimization of business processes.
- improve the quality of customer service;
- improve the performance of employees;
- improve communication between departments of the company;
- ensure the mobility of employees;
- make it easier to work with documents;
- give the opportunity to hold PR events of any complexity.
- Custom-designed systems.
CRM is a powerful tool for automating work with customers, effectively solving the problems of control, and planning for business development.
- maintain the integrity of the client base;
- provide sales analytics;
- increase sales;
- optimize the work of staff;
- reduce paperwork.
- ERP system is developed for large enterprises, it opens up new business opportunities.
- standardize reporting forms and information systems;
- improve communication between departments;
- synchronize processes;
- establish integration with partners.
- E-commerce systems (E-commerce, Marketplaces).
E-commerce provides services/products to customers through the web. Clients receive and process orders, and manage the status of applications.
- receive detailed information about the requests of individual consumers;
- promote a new product on the market;
- reduce transaction costs;
- shorten the path of the product to the consumer.
Web apps are dynamically progressing, which allows you to develop custom mobile applications and complex web services. These programs are easy to develop and cost-effective due to these advantages:
- Cross-platform compatibility. There is no need to develop a separate platform. The program is available in a smartphone or computer browser (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera), on any operating system.
- Network security. Programs process requests through the secure HTTPS data transfer protocol. The entry point is protected by a centralized configuration. User data is stored on a cloud server, protected from loss even if the hard drive is damaged.
- Do not use client software. It is installed regardless of the characteristics of the hardware. Installation is not expensive, and the update is downloaded automatically on the server. The client interface is updated automatically the next time the page is loaded.
- Reduced costs. There is no requirement to develop a platform for Android and iOS. Functionally, it is not inferior in performance to its desktop counterparts.
- Scalability. A large amount of data is processed by hardware resources without rewriting the code, as well as changing the architecture.
Let’s consider the necessary stages of web application development.
- Creation of UI/UX design.
An intuitive interface of the working model of the program is created without programming steps.
Experts pay attention to:
- screen transitions,
- image graphics,
- branding elements,
- buttons and forms.
Visual elements are created in the design of a web application to include the user registration process, login, search/placement/order of goods, navigation, profile creation, and making payments.
- Backend development.
The key stage of creating the internal part determines the entire operation of the web application. At this stage, a structure invisible to the client is created – a database, a server, and business logic. Developers use the following programming languages for server operations: PHP, Python, Java, and C#. In the internal development of server applications, frameworks are used: Node.js, Laravel, Flask, Ruby on Rails, and others. You, by the way, can hire good Flask developers offshore to save your budget.
During internal development developers perform:
- servicing external interface requests,
- authorization with client authentication at login,
- creating, reading, and updating data.
- Front-end development.
At this stage, developers test the responsiveness and usability of the interface on different types of devices so that the user experience is consistent. The speed of work should not depend on the size or resolution of the screen.
- Software testing.
Experts conduct testing of all important software operations. Most common tests:
- Usability testing of the interface (quantitative + qualitative research). Experts check connectivity, database connectivity, links between pages, and overall user experience.
- Performance check – data transfer rate, rendering, user input processing. The work is checked under heavy load, as well as at different Internet speeds.
- Interface Testing (UI Testing) – the convenience of the user interface is determined, as well as the work of the server with the internal part of the system.
- Compatibility – the product is tested on different browsers and devices.
- Security – check for weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- Hosting and deploying a web application.
After purchasing a domain and choosing cloud storage, the hosting provider runs a web application on the server for users to access in a browser. Deployment requires:
- source code repository;
- webserver with SSH deployment key setup;
- SSH access to the server.
A web application is a site with interactive elements. They allow users to interact: click buttons, fill out forms, request a price, and make purchases. Email clients, social networks, search engines, online stores, and project management programs are all examples of such applications. If you are thinking about web application development, Inoxoft is a great choice. The company turns web applications into powerful tools to meet customers’ requirements and fulfill end-user expectations.