We have become so digital-centric, it’s hardly possible to visualize the future of business without it. Just like it’s impossible to imagine businesses thriving without digital marketing.
As we look at the future of business, companies that have already incorporated digital marketing will work towards perfecting their strategies.
For these companies, the question becomes, “what digital marketing strategies can we implement today that take into account the future?”
We are going to explore some of these strategies here.
If you haven’t joined the digital bandwagon, well, it’s about time you do or risk losing substantial business opportunities to competitors that already have.
Data analytics is a strategy that will remain relevant for years to come.
It examines large data sets to draw conclusions about consumer behavior, rising trends, and untapped opportunities your business can leverage.
So rather than drawing your insights from whiteboards and papers, you digitize your data and allow technology to do the job.
The results are far more accurate and allow you to make research-informed marketing decisions.
Decisions that facilitate highly optimized marketing campaigns, better value for clients, improved operational efficiency and increased sales.
Here are some ways data analytics may help your business:
- Improving sales forecasting. By comparing historical feedback (customer behavior, responses, complaints, and sales activities) and present circumstances, data analytics help you understand your performance and even predict future circumstances. You can then make proper budgetary allocations.
- Improving marketing segmentation. Data analytics allow you to define your buyer personas and group potential customers into these personas. It makes for granular level message personalization that appeals to audiences and encourages engagement.
- Boosting email marketing campaigns for improved interactions. Email is perfect for reaching audiences. Data analytics steps in to let you know which subject lines and messages generate engagement, and the best days and times to push out emails.
With artificial intelligence technology continuously developing, chatbots are becoming increasingly helpful in providing fast and efficient solutions to site visitors.
Round-the-clock availability feature means your site serves customers and prospects nonstop, boosting lead generation efforts and revenue.
To build an effective chatbot strategy, consider the following:
- Understand your users. Having an all-round view of your customer aka your buyer persona should shape the scope and execution of this strategy.
- Define your goals. What do you want to achieve? Think about your customer conversion process and work backward to identify all touchpoints. What value can your chatbot offer? How can it get site visitors to convert?
- Choose a platform. The obvious choice is your website, but you can also have them on your social media channels. On your website, consider placing the bot on high-intent pages (service pages, pricing pages, and landing pages), high-traffic pages, and blogs.
- Create chat flows. Create pre-planned conversations based on varying customer responses for your chatbot to follow. You should also program the chatbot to send queries it doesn’t understand to human agents.
- Build the bot. You can build your chatbot using a chatbot builder (like Chatfuel, Pandorabots, ManyChat, MobileMonkey, etc) or buy one. Both options have a different impact in terms of resources and skills needed, risk management, and user experience.
- Test the bot. Use every possible interaction you can think of to test the chatbot before going live. It will help minimize errors when you go live.
- Monitor your bot. Keep an eye on the bot once it’s live to ensure it works as you intended. Update the bot with evolving industry trends and common questions site visitors ask.
Interactive content facilitates a two-way conversation with your audience. They are not just reading what you’ve written, but can engage with it and try out different outcomes.
So, while static content works, consumers are increasingly interested in interactive content that gives them a feel of products/services.
This type of content does a great job of grabbing audience attention and boosting lead generation while allowing you to collect user data.
You can embed them in your email marketing campaigns, landing pages, ads, and on social media posts.
Examples of interactive content include interactive calculators, interactive assessments, interactive quizzes, interactive infographics, and interactive videos.
Benefits of using interactive content include:
- Attracting and engaging users. The dynamic nature of this content grabs attention and keeps your visitors engaged longer. Audiences personalize the content in real-time for varied outcomes.
- Assisting lead generation. Experiences like calculators and assessments offer real value to users, which means audiences are more likely to share their contact information for them.
- Aiding SEO efforts. Incorporating interactive content and sharing it on social media, website, emails or paid ads may help improve brand visibility. Making your interactive content shareable may help increase backlinks and improve your SEO.
How is cold calling a future-forward strategy?
As long as we’re setting up new businesses and looking for solutions to improve operational efficiency and boost sales, cold calling has a future.
Sales and marketing teams will continue prospecting and reaching out to businesses they haven’t dealt with before to share their unique value propositions
Communication is real-time, two-way, allowing teams to get feedback and evaluate the quality of their leads.
It gives them a deeper understanding of their target market and how to develop personal relationships.
Here are actionable tips to help you reach more prospects and close deals:
- Pre-qualify your leads. Study your target market to understand their needs, motivations, pain points, and your solution’s capability. It will ensure you spend more time talking with good-fit brands and not wasting time on those who aren’t interested.
- Know your offerings. Keep useful data and stats handy so you can share it with prospects. Go further and stay abreast of industry trends, legislation and their impact on your brand/solutions..
- Use a script. Just don’t read it verbatim unless your company requires you to do so—in which case you should try to sound natural. Cover all the points you wish to discuss and include some FAQs, objections, and objective responses.
- Keep things simple. Most B2B needs and concerns revolve around improving operational efficiency, driving higher revenue, or reducing costs. Explain in the simplest terms possible how your products/services solve these problems.
- Agree on the next step. Before ending the call, be sure you both agree on what will happen next then act accordingly.
From customers to industry experts, company employees, and journalists, B2B influencers command a following in their niche.
It may not be a huge following like you would find in the B2C sector, but it is an engaged one. And targeting an engaged audience is perfect for maximizing visibility, building your credibility, and improving sales numbers.
Top considerations when implementing the influencer marketing strategy include:
- Create reasonable timelines. While B2Bs aren’t likely to buy on impulse, an influencer they admire and respect is likely to sway their decisions. Keep this in mind, besides the fact that B2B purchases typically take longer to finalize.
- Know who your customers and target audiences follow, listen to, read from, and watch. These influencers make excellent advocates since they have already established trust and authority among their followers.
- Set standards. Put together a criteria that potential partners must meet to work with your organization. Look at brand collaboration history, audience engagement rates, content distribution channels, and top performing content, among other pre-qualifiers.
How to Prepare for Your First Year in College
Securing college admission is an achievement you should be proud of. It feels even more fulfilling if you are admitted to your dream college. Many people were interested in the opportunity, and getting it is the best thing that can ever happen to you. Therefore, you shouldn’t take the opportunity for granted.
However, the transition isn’t always easy for students. Most of them do not know what to expect in college, which makes them anxious. For others, moving away from home for the first time is intimidating. Besides, some individuals may not know how to deal with the financial and academic challenges they may face in college.
Are you done with high school, and you’re now looking forward to college adventures? Here are excellent tips to help you prepare for your first year in college.
Schedule a Tour and Get to Know Your College
Most students wait until the admission day to have a college experience. If you do that, it may take you a lot of time to understand the environment. Consequently, you may not focus on your studies early on. Checking out the outline of the campus on online platforms may also not help as you may miss many details.
You should schedule a tour of the campus and have a first-hand experience with the environment. During the tour, confirm the location of important offices. Moreover, you should know the class venues and the library. It will make your life easy when you finally begin to study.
Work on Your College Budget in Advance
Financial issues are among the serious challenges collegians face. While the expenses are limitless, there are limited sources of income. If you’re not careful, you may run out of money before the end of a given study period. You may get carried away by the daily shopping, luxury items, and the push to spend on entertainment.
Before you begin your first college semester, create a functional budget. Identify your sources of income. After that, list your college expenses. Allocate money to all your expenses, beginning with the basic needs. The luxuries should come last.
Sharpen Your College Writing and Study Skills
College life isn’t all butterflies and rainbows. There is serious work to do, and you may have to study more than you used to when in high school. The grades you’ll attain in different papers like essays, dissertations, and case studies will determine if you’ll move to the next level or not. So you have to sharpen your writing skills, or you’ll find yourself seeking essay help online.
Read journals, books, and essays written by experts. It will help improve your study skills and your ability to read fast. Besides, you can mimic the styles you see in these materials when completing your college assignment. The chances of getting good grades in college increase when you are a good writer and reader.
Set Realistic College Academic Goals
The main reason for going to college is to acquire skills that can help you in life. Professors do not award grades randomly. You should convince them that you understand the course concepts by submitting excellent papers. Otherwise, you may fail to graduate at the right time.
Some people begin college education without a plan. If you do that, you may not achieve what you want. Set realistic goals and specify the level of competence you intend to achieve at the end of your course. You should have short-term, medium-term, and long-term academic goals to act as a motivation to work harder.
Improve Your Time Management Skills
Time is one of the most critical aspects of a college education. If you do not organize your activities perfectly, you may become overwhelmed. Remember, it will not always be about academics; you’ll have extracurricular activities to participate in, you’ll also need to socialize, and may be you’ll have a part-time job. Therefore, it will be important to balance everything.
Look at the college academic and activity schedule in advance. Assess the deadlines and purpose to begin working on important tasks early. You’ll have higher chances of college success if you work within deadlines.
Excellent ways of enhancing time management include:
- Working on the most important tasks first
- Avoiding distractions
- Avoiding procrastination
- Creating time to relax
Although your first college semester may be scary, you can make things easier for yourself. Touring your college of choice will help release some tension as you’ll not be a total stranger to the new environment when you finally get admitted. Creating a budget will also help avoid financial problems, thus making your life easier. Lastly, you should set realistic goals and work on your time management skills.
Unlocking the Triple Returns from Social, Tech and Green Jobs
New insights and initiatives at the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting 2022 seek to launch a jobs recovery to strengthen resilience and dynamism in economies, businesses and societies in the midst of a turbulent outlook.
Investing in education, health and care jobs can yield a triple dividend – boosting economic activity, expanding employment opportunities and generating social mobility. New modelling of the United States economy suggests that investing $1 in social jobs would yield a $2.3 return. The model estimates that $1.3 trillion in the social jobs of tomorrow could unlock $3.1 trillion in GDP returns and create 11 million jobs by 2030.
These jobs include 4.2 million teaching jobs, 1.8 million jobs for personal care and service workers, and 900,000 jobs in healthcare. These are the key findings of the World Economic Forum’s new report Jobs of Tomorrow: The Triple Returns of Social Jobs in the Economic Recovery, published at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2022 today.
Developed in collaboration with Accenture, the report finds that the associated increases in productivity, increased GDP and tighter labour markets will lead to a parallel increase in real wages. Aided by technology and better skills, the jobs of tomorrow have the potential to lift living standards globally. After more than two years of turmoil in the global economy and a continued uncertain outlook, leaders need to support workers in pivoting towards a future which works for everyone. Higher wage, higher-quality, future-ready jobs are possible and benefit companies, workers and economies alike.
Good Work in the New Economy
As many employers and workers seek a “new normal” after the disruptions of the past few years, there is an opportunity to develop a new vision for the future of work, one that is ready for the new economy and society. Five key issues have emerged that need to be addressed to ensure better work for workers and employers alike: volatility in wages and the cost of living; divergence on the demand for flexibility; silent pandemic in well-being; an erosion of diversity, equity and inclusion gains; and the need for a reskilling revolution.
The Good Work Framework, a second report released at the Annual Meeting, drawing from the views of employers, unions and experts and developed in collaboration with Mercer, proposes enhancing job quality through five objectives and associated goals: promote fair pay and social justice; provide flexibility and protection; deliver on health and well-being; drive diversity, equity and inclusion; and foster employability and learning culture.
The Jobs Consortium
To support this broad agenda and to mobilize the required investments globally, the first meeting of the Jobs Consortium was held at the World Economic Forum’s Annual Meeting in Davos. The initiative comprises CEOs and ministers championing productive employment, growth in the jobs of tomorrow, new standards in the workplace and better wages for all.
Underpinning the Jobs Consortium is a shared understanding of the need to expand opportunity and quality in the jobs of tomorrow, with a particular focus on social, green and tech jobs as the high-growth, job-creating sectors of the future. The initiative is supported by insight products, action frameworks and a collaboration platform, which develop expert knowledge to drive tangible change, and will work closely with initiatives on developing skills for the global workforce.
Refugee Employment and Employability
Refugees are a particularly vulnerable group, often excluded from the labour markets of host economies. Over 6 million refugees have left Ukraine since February 2022, adding to the estimated 31 million people worldwide who have been forcibly displaced across borders.
As businesses mobilize to assist refugees with integration into host communities and workforces, the World Economic Forum’s Chief Human Resources Officers community, drawn from over 140 organizations, has launched a Refugee Employment and Employability Initiative. The initiative will pilot its work with supporting learning and job opportunities for Ukrainian refugees in Europe in its first phase and draw best practices to build a methodology for supporting system-wide global support from employers for refugees.
“Our ambition is to lead with action and we know that refugees bring a broad set of skills, experience and perspectives that benefit societies and businesses. Helping people find work isn’t just a humanitarian effort, it’s also good for business,” said Jesper Brodin, CEO of Ingka Group.
New Initiative to Strengthen Cross-Border Investment in the Digital Economy
A pioneering effort to facilitate cross-border investment in the digital economy was launched this week at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2022.
The new initiative on digital foreign direct investment, the Digital FDI initiative, will implement projects in several countries to help grow Digital FDI, as the reforms to attract such investment must take place at a country level. The first digital FDI project will take place in Nigeria.
Over the past few years, the Forum has worked to find the right partners to guide the work, develop principles published in the white paper launched in 2020 and share the potential for cooperation at the G20 and other platforms of corporation.
Attracting Digital FDI requires creating digital-friendly investment climates through targeted and country-specific policies, regulations and measures. These investments involve new business models, often based on data and technology, and platform economies, as well as using non-traditional assets. The Digital FDI initiative will aim to identify and implement enabling reforms through public-private projects in emerging markets and developing countries.
“Global FDI is rebounding, following the COVID-19 pandemic, and investment in the digital economy could not come at a better time. These country projects will help grow FDI into the digital economy, which is key for long-term growth, competitiveness and sustainable development”, said Børge Brende, President, World Economic Forum.
The Digital FDI initiative will be delivered as a joint effort between the World Economic Forum and the Digital Cooperation Organization (DCO), a new international organization that seeks to enable digital prosperity for all.
“As the first and only global multilateral focused on enabling digital prosperity for all, the DCO is partnering with the Forum on a Digital Foreign Direct Investment initiative to help countries develop digital FDI-friendly investment climates. We invite digital innovators with a commitment to economic development and inclusion to join us,” said Deemah Al Yahya, Secretary-General, DCO.
Israel admits involvement in the killing of an Iranian army officer
Col. Sayad Khodayee, 50, was fatally shot outside his home in Tehran on Sunday when two gunmen on motorcycles approached...
Economic And Political Reform Is Needed In Sri Lanka, Not State Violence
Sri Lanka’s worst economic crisis since independence has highlighted years of political and economic mismanagement and a reliance on state-sanctioned...
The Waning Supremacy of the Petrodollar Economy
Since the 1970s, the US dollar has been the undisputed reserve currency around the globe. Agreements with Saudi Arabia (and...
Chinese Maritime Strategy: Further Expansion and Progress
The Belt and Road Initiative represents a shift in China’s global perspective as well as an update to its role...
World’s richest countries damaging child health worldwide
Over-consumption in the world’s richest countries is creating unhealthy, dangerous, and toxic conditions for children globally, according to a new...
Open and Closed: From Russia to China to America, the Largest Societies Are Pushing Their Limits
Today we are seeing the largest nations in the world pushing their limits. Open societies are pushing the limits of...
UNICEF urges leaders to keep schools safe following deadly Texas shooting
Governments must take greater action to ensure school remains a safe place for boys and girls, the head of the...
Science & Technology4 days ago
Space exploration and the future exploitation of asteroids
Defense3 days ago
What makes India’s participation in the Quad intrinsically unique?
East Asia4 days ago
What China Does Not Know about India
Tech News3 days ago
New Initiative to Build An Equitable, Interoperable and Safe Metaverse
Middle East3 days ago
India-UAE tourism and education linkages
Americas3 days ago
The WW III that Biden and All Other Neocons Are Leading U.S. Toward
Tech News3 days ago
Growing Intra-Africa Trade through Digital Transformation of Customs and Borders
Environment4 days ago
Global Food Crisis Must Be Solved Alongside Climate Crisis