With the advent of technology, data storage remains a crucial element of business and communication. Whether using a Windows PC, Android, or macOS, you need versatile software to secure your data. If you continuously use MacOS, you need good Mac data recovery software.
Of course, most people still use some of the simplest ways to free up space by finding and deleting files and folders that are no longer needed. Whether these files were downloaded or shared to your MacBook, deleting them to create more space is a straightforward process. However, it is better not to fret, as recovering files that have been accidentally deleted is equally simple and easy.
There are several good data recovery software you can install and use to recover files and folders. You can easily use this software to recover deleted files on Mac, including finding and removing duplicate files, clearing temporary files, and emptying all the trash cans.
In this article, we focus on explaining more about Mac data recovery software and how they work. The article will help you better understand Mac data recovery software, how they work, and how to choose the best to use with your system.
Mac Data Recovery Software
The best data recovery software for Mac will help you:
- Recover data from crashed or non-booting Mac
- Recover deleted documents, emails, videos, audios, and photos
- Protect macOS Big Sur and lower versions
- Support data recovery from USB corruption, unrecognized drives, and partition loss
Let’s look at one of the best data recovery software for Mac – Disk Drill for Mac.
Disk Drill For Mac
Disk Drill, developed by Cleverfiles, is the free data software for Mac OS X. in addition to having previewing capabilities for recovered files and folders, Disk Drill Basic contains several other functionalities such as Guaranteed Recovery and Recovery Vault, boot disk maker, lost partition restoration and so on. This makes Disk Drill one of the best Mac data recovery software to use.
The latest version of the software has an extensive database of file signatures that can be recovered from drives even when your devices are formatted. Besides, the software uses very efficient and quick scanning algorithms.
If you are using macOS and think that this software may become obsolete after some usage time, you are wrong. Disk Drill Data Recovery for Mac is constantly updated and supported by committed teams to cover all the cases of data corruption that may result from the loss of power, improper removal of a device, etc. Below are some of the main features that make Disk Drill a top data recovery software for Mac:
- Guarantee Recovery is a background service that saves a copy of each file to a user-specific folder. Both the data protection modules significantly reduce the chances of permanently losing critical data.
- Recovery Vault provides an extra layer to the Mac trash bin that references the deleted files on Mac. The data recovery feature provides the ability to recover lost data from a byte-to-byte cone version of the device and even partitions without risking the original storage source.
- Other available tools for free include Disk Health Monitor, Time Machine Recovery, Emergency Recovery Boot Drive, Duplicate File Finder, and Mac Cleaner.
Disk Drill, therefore successfully manages the balance between essential features for casual users and those advanced features required by professional and enterprise users.
How Does It work?
1. Clean Up Your Mac
The apps help you get rid of temporary files, uninstall unwanted applications, clean up additional languages, delete big files stored in the mail, among other locations.
Disk Drill has significant features of cleaning applications and will help you get rid of duplicate files too quickly.
2. Find And Remove Duplicate Files
Disk Drill helps you by quickly finding and removing duplicate data on your Mac.
3. Empty The Trash Cans
Emptying the trash cans is the other way to empty or clean up space on Mac. Usually, when you delete files, they are sent to the trash can for storage so that you can easily recover them.
4. Uninstall Applications
You may have installed several apps in the Mac that you no longer use. Such apps take up much space on your device, and you can remove them with Disk Drill to free up space.
5. Clean Out Temporary Files
Many people still retain files they have used in their MacBook. Such files will be taking up your disk space without adding any value. Cleaning the temporary files is an excellent way to free up some space for more important files.
Other Mac Data Recovery Software To Consider
Apart from Disk Drill, other software that is also considered among the best recovery apps on Mac include:
- Remo Mac Data Recovery
- PhotoRec For Mac
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery for Mac
- Softtote Mac Data Recovery