Hyatt Hotels Corporation today announced that Hyatt expects 40 new hotels to open in California, Oregon and Washington by the end of 2021, fueling Hyatt’s regional brand growth by nearly 45 percent. The new executed properties – under management and franchise agreements – will join 89 Hyatt-branded hotels that are currently open and operating in California, Oregon and Washington.
The West Coast is a priority for developers due to business demand from several strong markets in cities like San Diego, San Francisco, Portland, Ore., and Seattle. Further reasons to support Hyatt’s strategy to focus on West Coast growth includes corporate and leisure travelers from Asia, where Hyatt has strong brand name recognition.
“The West Coast U.S. is a primary area of focus for Hyatt, and we see enormous potential to grow our portfolio of brands in this region,” said Jim Chu, global head of development and owner relations, Hyatt. “Today’s announcement further demonstrates the overall strength and resonance of Hyatt-branded hotels with developers, owners and guests.”
Most notably, new West Coast properties include Hyatt House San Jose/Cupertino (March 2019) to be located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the 350-room Grand Hyatt at SFO (Summer 2019) which will be the only hotel on airport grounds, the 600-room Hyatt Regency Portland at Oregon Convention Center (Early 2020) and Thompson Hollywood (Early 2020). These will complement the recently opened Hyatt Regency Seattle, the largest hotel in the Pacific Northwest, per number of rooms (1,260) and meeting space (103,000 square feet).
Complete list of new West Coast U.S. properties:
Park Hyatt hotels provide discerning, affluent business and leisure guests with elegant and luxurious accommodations. Each Park Hyatt hotel is custom designed to combine sophistication with distinctive regional character. parkhyatt.com
- Park Hyatt Los Angeles at Oceanwide Plaza (Calif.), 184 guestrooms, 2020
- Park Hyatt Los Angeles Residences at Oceanwide Plaza (Calif.), 164 residences, 2020
Grand Hyatt hotels celebrate the iconic in small details and magnificent moments, providing sophisticated business and leisure travelers with elegant accommodations, extraordinary restaurants, bars, spas and fitness centers, as well as comprehensive business and meeting facilities. grandhyatt.com
- Grand Hyatt at SFO (San Francisco, Calif.), 351 guestrooms, Summer 2019
Andaz hotels draw upon surrounding neighborhoods to craft distinctively local experiences, fully immersing guests in each inspiring destination through unique expressions of local culture. Andaz hotels are designed to reflect their surroundings and feature an innovative service model that creates a barrier-free and non-traditional environment. andaz.com
- Andaz Palm Springs (Calif.), 150 guestrooms, Fall 2019
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt
The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand is designed to provide a portfolio of unconventional upper-upscale and luxury properties ranging from historic urban gems to contemporary new build hotels, boutique properties, and resorts. Each hotel is one-of-a-kind and offers story-worthy and extraordinary experiences for our guests. unboundcollectionbyhyatt.com
- A hotel within The Unbound Collection by Hyatt brand, located in Hollywood, Calif., 64 guestrooms, Late 2019
Destination Hotels is a collection of more than 40 upscale and luxury independent hotels, resorts and residences across North America. Serving as both the explorer and the guide, Destination hotels ensure a sense of genuine belonging and the chance to encounter life-enhancing discoveries. destinationhotels.com
- A hotel within the Destination Hotels brand, located in Oceanside, Calif., 226 guestrooms, Q4 2020
The Hyatt Regency brand prides itself on connecting travelers to who and what matters most to them. Conveniently located in urban and resort locations in more than 30 countries around the world, Hyatt Regency hotels serve as the go-to gathering space for every occasion, offering a one-stop experience that puts everything guests need right at their fingertips. hyattregency.com
- Hyatt Regency Portland at the Oregon Convention Center (Ore.), 600 guestrooms, Early 2020
Founded in 2001, Thompson Hotels is an award-winning international hospitality brand that delivers a new take on modern luxury at the refined edge of travel. Each location offers a stunning, carefully layered and dynamic urban or resort setting that molds into the surrounding community. thompsonhotels.com
- Thompson Hollywood (Calif.), 190 guestrooms, Early 2020
Hyatt Centric hotels are full service lifestyle hotels located in prime destinations that are created for millennial-minded guests who view their hotel as more than a place to stay. Hyatt Centric hotels help guests discover the world’s most compelling destinations like an in-the-know local. hyattcentric.com
- Hyatt Centric Mountain View (Calif.), 168 guestrooms, Spring 2019
- Hyatt Centric Korea Town Los Angeles (Calif.), 310 guestrooms, Fall 2021
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Sacramento (Calif.), 172 guestrooms, Fall 2020
- Hyatt Centric Downtown Portland (Ore.), 215 guestrooms, January 2020
Hyatt House hotels are designed to welcome guests as extended stay residents. Apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens and separate living areas remind guests of the conveniences of home. hyatthouse.com
- Hyatt House San Jose/Cupertino (Calif.) 148 guestrooms, March 2019
- Hyatt House San Jose Airport (Calif.) 165 guestrooms, April 2019
- Hyatt House LAX (Los Angeles, Calif.), 129 guestrooms, February 2020
- Hyatt House Davis (Calif.) 118 guestrooms, July 2020
- Hyatt House Los Angeles USC Medical Campus (Calif.), 200 guestrooms, August 2020
- Hyatt House Sacramento Airport – North Natomas (Calif.), 92 guestrooms, November 2020
- Hyatt House Pomona (Calif.), 100 guestrooms, November 2020
- Hyatt House Livermore (Calif.), 130 guestrooms, March 2021
- Hyatt House Seatac Airport (Seattle, Wash.), 139 guestrooms, April 2021
Hyatt Place hotels offer a modern, comfortable and seamless experience, combining style and innovation to create a casual hotel environment for today’s multi-tasking traveler. From the lobby to the guest rooms to in-hotel dining, every touchpoint is designed with the high value business traveler in mind. hyattplace.com
- Hyatt Place San Jose Airport (Calif.) 190 guestrooms, March 2019
- Hyatt Place Santa Barbara (Calif.), 88 guestrooms, April 2019
- Hyatt Place Fresno, California (Calif.), 126 guestrooms, April 2019
- Hyatt Place Vacaville California (Calif.), 136 guestrooms, July 2019
- Hyatt Place Bakersfield (Calif.), 120 guestrooms, September 2019
- Hyatt Place LAX (Los Angeles, Calif.), 272 guestrooms, February 2020
- Hyatt Place Sacramento Airport – North Natomas (Calif.), 109 guestrooms, November 2020
- Hyatt Place Pomona (Calif.), 115 guestrooms, November 2020
- Hyatt Place Sunnyvale (Calif.), 90 guestrooms, January 2021
- Hyatt Place Hayward (Calif.), 119 guestrooms, January 2021
- Hyatt Place Paso Robles (Calif.), 131 guestrooms, February 2021
- Hyatt Place Livermore (Calif.), 90 guestrooms, March 2021
- Hyatt Place San Carlos (Calif.), 103 guestrooms, March 2021
- Hyatt Place SeaTac Airport (Seattle, Wash.), 237 guestrooms, April 2021
- Hyatt Place Vancouver Washington (Wash.), 113 guestrooms, September 2020
- Hyatt Place Portland – Pearl District (Ore.), 176 guestrooms, November 2020
Joie de Vivre
Since its founding in San Francisco in 1987, the Joie de Vivre brand has made curating playful travel through local connections and eclectic experiences its signature. Each Joie de Vivre hotel is an original concept designed to reflect its neighborhood. jdvhotels.com
- A hotel within the Joie de Vivre brand, located in Oceanside, Calif., 161 guestrooms, Q4 2020
- El Capitan, a Joie de Vivre Hotel (Merced, Calif.), 114 guestrooms, Q1 2020
tommie is a carefully edited hotel and gathering place that inspires guests to author their own experiences. By focusing on the essentials and providing fun, relevant choices, the tommie brand offers a fresh lens for the youthful and open-minded to explore, connect and discover. tommiehotels.com
- tommie Hollywood (Calif.), 212 guestrooms, Q1 2020
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
IMARAT signs Agreement to Construct its Fourth Hotel in Collaboration with Marriott International
IMARAT Group has signed a franchise agreement with Marriott International to develop a Courtyard by Marriott project in DHA Multan. The signing ceremony took place at Marriott International’s Office in Dubai.
Marriott International was represented in the ceremony by Satya Anand, President, Europe Middle East & Africa, Phil Andreopoulos, Chief Operating Officer, Owner and Franchise Services, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Chadi Hauch, Regional Vice President – Development, Middle East and Ziad Abi Raad, Director Lodging Development.
The event was attended by Chairman IMARAT Group, Mr. Shafiq Akbar, Director IMARAT Hospitality, Mr. Farhan Javed, IMARAT’s Chief Commercial Officer, Mr. Saad Ahmed Awan.
Chairman IMARAT Group, Mr. Shafiq Akbar, while speaking on the occasion, said, “On this day, we are elated to witness the culmination of years of effort; a collaboration with Marriott International to construct Courtyard by Marriott in DHA Multan. I see this project as the ‘Jewel of South Punjab’, a state of the art hospitality initiative that will give Pakistan’s, particularly South Punjab’s hotel and tourism sectors a much-needed economic boost”.
Satya Anand, President, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Marriott International commented, “We are delighted to strengthen our relationship with the IMARAT Group and expand our portfolio of in Pakistan. There is an unmet demand for hotel accommodation in South Punjab and with the Courtyard by Marriott Multan we look forward to supporting the expansion of the hospitality landscape in the market.”
Expressing his views at the signing ceremony, Group Director IMARAT Hospitality, Farhan Javed said, “IMARAT envisions and executes projects to take the hospitality sector of Pakistan to a level where we are at par with the international standards. By offering the best services in the hospitality business, Courtyard by Marriott is unquestionably on the verge of creating a benchmark in the sector.”
Since it first opened its doors more than 35 years ago, Courtyard by Marriott has been dedicated to creating an environment where great things can happen. Today, Courtyard is the hotel brand of choice for ambitious and enterprising guests who see business travel as a driver of personal fulfillment and professional growth.
Courtyard by Marriott is expected to be an ideal fit South Punjab and Multan. Multan, being the fifth-most densely populated city in Pakistan, serves as South Punjab’s economic and cultural hub. The new collaboration between Imarat and Marriott International aims to meet the demand for quality hospitality accommodation in the market.
IMARAT Group, one of Pakistan’s top real estate player, continues to construct and develop major projects that are coherent with the concept of transforming the real estate dynamics in the country. IMARAT’s top notch construction and property management seeks to assist Pakistan in making a name in the international hospitality sector.
Hilton Signs Six New Luxury Hotels in Asia Pacific
Leading global hospitality company Hilton (NYSE: HLT) has announced six landmark signings in Asia Pacific (APAC) across its portfolio of luxury brands – Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts and LXR Hotels & Resorts – in the year to date, a mark of growing optimism in luxury travel across the region.
With the signing of Waldorf Astoria Xi’an, Waldorf Astoria Shanghai Qiantan, Waldorf Astoria Kuala Lumpur, Waldorf Astoria Sydney, Conrad Nagoya and an LXR Hotels & Resorts property in Bali, Hilton’s pipeline of luxury hotels in the region increases to 20. When these hotels open in the coming years, travellers will enjoy an exquisite portfolio of more than 50 luxury hotels across Asia Pacific.
With a growing middle class, increased consumer spending and an underserved lodging market, Asia Pacific presents a US$10 trillion consumption growth opportunity over the next decade.
Alan Watts, president, Asia Pacific, Hilton said, “Hilton is Asia Pacific’s fastest growing hospitality company, and that signals the confidence that owners and developers have in our ability to capture growing demand and deliver strong returns in APAC’s most sought-after destinations. We share the optimism that owners and developers have about the future of luxury travel and appreciate the importance they place on partners and brands that will optimize their yield. As we continue to pursue quality organic growth and enhance our network effect, we too stay focused on prioritizing the right partnerships to deploy the right brands in the right locations.”
Post-pandemic recovery has prompted increasing owner and developer interest in hospitality real estate, as the APAC hotel investment volume in 2021 grew 46% year-on-year to exceed US$12 billion, and investors focused on acquiring luxury or resort assets. The luxury travel segment is also expected to burgeon as 42% of APAC consumers who intend to take an international trip seek out luxury experiences.
“These signings mark an incredible moment for our luxury brand portfolio as we expand Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, and LXR throughout five countries in the region, offering even more opportunities for travelers to immerse in our authentic approach,” said Dino Michael, senior vice president & global category head, Luxury Brands, Hilton. “From Waldorf Astoria’s intuitive service, to Conrad’s bold design and LXR’s culturally immersive experiences, the hotels continue to showcase innovation and deliver on what guests are looking for in their stay. This expansion reinforces the appeal of the brands globally, and is a true testament to the team members who bring luxury to life.”
Hilton’s latest signings mark a further closing of key city gaps as its award-winning luxury brands debut or expand in key travel destinations such as Japan, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia and China.
China in particular holds great potential in shaping the future of luxury travel as it is home to the world’s largest consumer economy and is set to become the largest luxury goods market by 2025. Travel demand is also shifting as the country’s new generation of young and discerning travelers seeks higher levels of personalization, wellbeing, sustainability and quality in their luxury travel experience.
The signings of Waldorf Astoria in Xi’an and Shanghai Qiantan put the brand on track to double its portfolio in China and offer its unrivalled luxury in eight world-class hotels. When open, Waldorf Astoria Xi’an will be one of the tallest buildings in this ancient capital of the 13 Dynasties. Designed by the famed design firm, Yabu Pushelberg, the hotel will draw inspiration from the city’s rich millennia-old culture and integrate oriental elegance into modern design. Waldorf Astoria Shanghai Qiantan will mark the city’s second Waldorf Astoria hotel. Located in Shanghai’s brand-new CBD – the New Bund area – the hotel will boast panoramic views of the Huangpu River and immerse guests in the tranquility and glamour of China’s commercial capital.
Today, there are more than a dozen Conrad hotels operating in China. When the other nine hotels in the country’s pipeline open – including Conrad Shenzhen and Conrad Chongqing next year – guests will be able to enjoy the discreet yet sophisticated luxury that the brand is known for in more than 20 destinations.
Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown Celebrates New York Fashion Week with Acts of Love
Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown, the award-winning luxury lifestyle hotel located in the heart of TriBeCA, is launching Acts of Love – three dedicated moments for guests and locals to engage during Fashion Week. From Friday, September 9 through Thursday, September 14, 2022, the Hotel lobby will be transformed into a vibrant and whimsical escape.
Three Acts of Love will take over the lobby of Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown:
- Love is the Scent of Fresh Blooms: Famed artistic director and celebrity floral designer Jeff Leathamwill curate five dazzling floral arrangements that will flow throughout the lobby. Leatham’s bold and colourful vision will unfold through cascading designs that will transform the lobby into THE Instagram spot to visit during Fashion Week. Guests can also pick the perfect flower to take home from the Four Seasons flower cart.
- Love is a Letter from the Heart: Guests can immerse themselves in the lost art of letter writing at the bespoke Letters of Love postcard experience in collaboration with fashion designer Christian Siriano, who created custom-designed postcards exclusively for Four Seasons.
- Love is Sweet: After dropping the postcard in the heritage mailbox, guests can enjoy a sweet treat from the specialty gelato cart.
The Spa at Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown is ready to pamper and treat Fashion Week guests who need a respite from the busy week with Acts of Love that focus on self-care and wellness.
Guests can book an appointment to experience NextHealth’s IV Therapy during a special pop up at The Spa. Four IV treatments will be available including:
- Glamour IV to enhance the skin’s overall glow from the inside out with revitalizing and collagen-boosting ingredients such as vitamin C, L-Lysine, and biotin that will leave skin looking supple and hair feeling hydrated.
- Super Immune IV to supercharge the immune system with a potent combination of vitamin C, magnesium, vitamin B5, antivirals, and other essential vitamins and minerals for boosted bodily defences.
- Energy Plus to fuel and enhance mental and physical vitality with energy-boosting ingredients such as L-Carnitine, vitamin B12, and potent amino acids.
- Detox to encourage the elimination of toxins and harmful substances with powerful ingredients such as lysine, taurine, and antioxidants for a fully refreshed feeling.
The Spa is launching new skincare products and services with Augustinus Bader, the science-backed and award-winning luxury skincare brand best known for The Method Facial. The Method uses Augustinus Bader’s groundbreaking technology to create a one-of-a-kind, highly sophisticated facial experience. The facial promotes a sequence of personalized regenerative processes for skin hydration, firmness, evenness, and protection against environmental aggressors.
Four Seasons Hotel New York Downtown is the official hotel partner for Vogue’s inaugural Vogue World Fashion Experience. Fashion Week guests will receive a special welcome amenity created by Executive Chef Maria Tampakis and three expert Four Seasons executive pastry chefs including: Rhonda Ashton, Four Seasons Jackson Hole; Eddy Dhenin, Four Seasons Minneapolis; and Rob Differ, Four Seasons One Dalton Street, Boston.
The Acts of Love experience will be open to guests and locals during the following times:
- Friday, September 9: 4:00– 8:00 pm
- Saturday, September 10: 1:00– 4:00 pm
- Sunday, September 11: 4:00– 8:00 pm
- Monday, September 12: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Tuesday, September 13: 4:00– 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 14: 4:00– 8:00 pm
Qatar punctures FIFA’s political fantasy
If the Qatar World Cup proved anything, it’s that sports and politics are inseparable Siamese twins joined at the hip....
Uzbekistan’s Artel joins UN’s ‘Orange The World’ campaign against gender-based violence
Artel Electronics LLC (Artel), Central Asia’s largest home appliance and electronics manufacturer, has teamed up with the UN Population Fund...
US Anti-Inflation Law threatens Europe
Europe and the US are heading towards a serious trade and economic conflict, writes “Berliner Morgenpost”. In the European Union...
OPEC+ agrees to stick to its existing policy of reducing oil production
Led by Saudi Arabia and Russia, OPEC+ agreed in early October to reduce production by 2 million barrels per day...
U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit: Matters Arising and Way Forward
On the eve of the U.S.-Africa Leaders Summit planned for December 13-15 in Washington, the Corporate Council in partnership with...
Weapons from Ukraine’s war now coming to Africa
Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari said that weapons from the raging war between Russia and Ukraine are now slipping into the...
Rethinking the Soviet Experience : Politics and History since 1917- Book Review
The book was written in 1984 and is a collection of essays on Soviet politics and Sovietology, from the time...
Eastern Europe4 days ago
Friends in misfortune. What will rapprochement with Armenia and Russia give Iran?
Eastern Europe3 days ago
What “Victory” and “Defeat” Would Mean in Ukraine’s War
Science & Technology4 days ago
Interesting archaeological discovery in Israel
Americas4 days ago
Joe Vogler and the Alaskan Independence Party: The Last Secession Attempt in the United States
Americas4 days ago
Canada’s Indo Pacific strategy
East Asia4 days ago
Russia-Ukraine Conflict and the Chinese Viewpoint
Defense3 days ago
Ukraine Crisis: International Security and Foreign Policy Option for Pakistan
Science & Technology4 days ago
Towards Efficient Matrix Multiplication